I've lost my sound
Hi,

I have had my soundcard working under ALSA for ages, but yesterday it stopped
working due to me fiddling around in modules.conf trying to get a CDRW driver
working.

So I to the 'Windows' approach to fixing things, and uninstalled ALSA, and
commented out all the sound releated stuff in modules.conf. I then
reinstalled ALSA and tried to set it up again.

Both Yast2 and alsaconf correctly identify the sound card, and put the
(seamingly) correct entried in modules.conf, but I get the following error..

/lib/modules/2.4.4-4GB/misc/snd-card-sb16.o : init_module : No Such device

Any ideas?

Phil
--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
1:00pm up 23:24, 1 user, load average: 0.40, 0.13, 0.04

  • No further messages