Re: [SLE] on booting...
  • From: Pep Serrano <pep@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:57:49 +0200
Probably you forgot to run mk_initrd before calling lilo?

SuSE do use initial ramdisk images (initrd) to load some modules (in case you
need reiser, scsi, pcmcia, whatever to boot). I think it is in /etc/rc.config
where you define what modules you need to load.

If you call lilo without having created your initrd for a kernel you may be
not able to boot this kernel. Check it.

Pep Serrano.