Irix Server NFS problem with Linux client in Suse 8.0
  • From: Hideo Joho <hideo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:43:32 +0100
Hi

I've been aware of the NFS problem heppened when you mount remote Irix
directories on Linux. Some files are "mysteriously disappeared from your
directory listings" when you do 'ls' command, for example.
e.g. http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/789/2001/8/0/6529107/ (this
one is slightly different, though).

I also know that Trond Myklebust has been making patches to fix this
problem.
e.g. http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/2.4.18/

Now, my question is that is this problem going to be fixed in Suse 8.0?
Or will I still have to use the patch?

It would be great if you would give me any information about that. Thank
you.

Hideo

  • No further messages