Re: [SLE] nvidia
  • From: Alan <ally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 22:33:34 +0930
On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 03:29, Ben Rosenberg wrote:
> Really? Which nVidia cards are these? I have a Diamond Viper 770
> (TNT2) and it works fine. Is there a list somewhere?

Hi Ben !
I did this on my friend`s PC. He was getting rather desperate as He
couldnt figure out the Xserver ,he upgraded to Xfree 4.2.x version and
X would not start.His video card is rather fancy one Elsa DDC4 with
nVidia chip.Sax2 would not ,start only if you forced it with sax2 -c 0
option.
Than I was able to get X working but again only if I told Sax2 that no
3D was required .I thought that getting just the X working was the
first priority than tried to load glx and so on and it would always
fail.