Appletalk and Linux
  • From: rev rob <hd522@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:46:00 -0600
I have an old Apple 7600:Sonnet G3 upgrade card to 375 Mhz w/ 688Mb RAM.
Great machine.I also have a PC box running SUSE 7.3.I'd like to network these
machines together.
I know little to nothing about networking.I do have a hub and some CAT5e
cables w/ RJ45 connectors on the ends.
Please treat me like you're talking to a 4 year-old with your replies if
you'd like to reply.
Someone explained this a little while ago but I can't find the thread.I
checked google and geocrawler.
Do I use TCP/IP or Netatalk?I know nothing of each.
I don't understand the lingo at the respective websites.
Please help.
TIA
Cheers