Re: [SLE] make xconfig question
  • From: Anders Dahlqvist <dahlqvist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 21:48:06 +0200
Don't su in X, sux instead.
Example:
cd /usr/src/linux
sux -
password:
make xconfig

Or use sudo (requires some elementary vi skills, unless you set your EDITOR
variable to something else, but why should you -vi rocks!)
1. As root run the command visudo
2. Enter something like this, replacing Anders with your login name:
Anders ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL
( Now you can run commands as root -even in X - without logging in as root if
you precede your commands with sudo.)
3. cd /usr/src/linux && sudo make xconfig

BTW menuconfig is IMHO far more user-friendly.

--
Murphy's Discovery:
Do you know Presidents talk to the country the way men talk to