Re: [SLE] Automatic partition mounting on login?
  • From: David Herman <ob1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:27:04 -0800
On Friday 05 April 2002 12:04 pm, Tor Sigurdsson wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 10:27:48AM -0800, David Herman wrote:
> > On Friday 05 April 2002 02:40 am, Pep Serrano wrote:
> > > Hello ally,
> > >
> > > First of all be sure you defined the "user" option in your fstab
> > > allowing users to mount and umount this partition. And if you
> > > don't want the partitions to be mounted at boot time (you want to
> > > mount them at user login right?) then include the option "noauto"
> > > (do man fstab).
> >
> > If I could jump in here.
> >
> > I've tried this (noauto) but the partitions don't automatically
> > mount, they just mount when I click on my desktop icon (kde). If I
> > use the "auto" option instead then the partitions are mounted
> > (which I desire for my xmms playlist) but I cannot copy anything to
> > the partition as a user (the partition is mounted read only for
> > users?)
> > I want the best of both worlds
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Ok, I may be butting in here as I don't have all of the thread...
>
> Is it NFS you are mounting ?

No just vfat on another partition, same machine

heres a snip from my fstab,

/dev/hda5 /windows/E vfat noauto,user 0 0
/dev/hda6 /windows/F vfat noauto,user 0 0
/dev/hda7 /windows/G vfat auto,user 0 0
/dev/hdb5 /windows/H vfat noauto,user 0 0

I can't write to /windows/G but after clicking my desktop icon for
/windows/H (mounting it) I can write to H, and so on.
--
dh