Re: [SLE] KDE 3.0 kemarik style
  • From: Rachel Greenham <rachel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 20:40:12 +0100
Stefan Nilsen wrote:

Vitaly Shishakov wrote:

greetings, everyone.

I have just installed new KDE 3.0 packages for my SuSE 7.3

comparing to KDE3.0-rc3 -- it lacks keramik style -- which
have already become my favorite (similar to liquid, but nicier!).

Hey, I like Liquid - though I ended up patching my copy to deal with
a little bugbear I had - I didn't want it to draw boxes around
toolbar icons; it makes everything look too "busy".

I would like that also. Could you post a patch, please...?

I'd like to tidy it up and make it an option, then submit a patch to Mosfet (when I understand patch sufficiently too)

(I'm really a Java programmer, haven't done C++ for five years and never done KDE/QT development...)

In the meantime, here's the distribution package with my change. It's really identical with just a few lines in one file ripped out. It still has liquid effects on mouse-over and when pushed down, which is at least partly accidental but I like it that way so I left it.

http://www.linuxgrrls.org/~rachel/mosfet-liquid0.9.2rg1.tar.gz

--
Rachel