Re: [SLE] Automatic partition mounting on login?
  • From: David Herman <ob1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:27:48 -0800
On Friday 05 April 2002 02:40 am, Pep Serrano wrote:
> Hello ally,
>
> First of all be sure you defined the "user" option in your fstab
> allowing users to mount and umount this partition. And if you don't
> want the partitions to be mounted at boot time (you want to mount
> them at user login right?) then include the option "noauto" (do man
> fstab).

If I could jump in here.

I've tried this (noauto) but the partitions don't automatically mount,
they just mount when I click on my desktop icon (kde). If I use the
"auto" option instead then the partitions are mounted (which I desire
for my xmms playlist) but I cannot copy anything to the partition as a
user (the partition is mounted read only for users?)
I want the best of both worlds

Thanks

--
dh