Re: [SLE] Suse 7.2 eating disk space
  • From: Nick Selby <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 16:57:07 +0200
Thanks for all the help so far..

It might also be worth running a full fsck if you're willing to risk
shutting the machine down. I'm not sure whether you can do this from
the SuSE rescue disk; you might have to either play around with booting
your machine in single-user mode and mounting the root FS read-only, or
you could download a copy of something like tomsrtbt and boot and fsck
from that.

From man fsck it seems I can just ruin it as root - what did you mean by shutting the machinge down, just that it'll take a week?

So should I just run fsck without any options or should I run it:

fsck -t /dev/hda

?

> And I made the backup, thanks!

Of course, I could be talking total rubbish, and it could be something
totally benign, but better to have a backup that's never needed than
not to have a backup that you *do* need... :-)

--
David Smith Work Email: Dave.Smith@xxxxxx
STMicroelectronics Home Email: David.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx