Re: [SLE] Suse 7.2 eating disk space
  • From: NIck Selby <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:53:08 +0200
Hi,
Thanks for both those replies.

Thing I notice in /var/log are ENORMOUS messages files, one for messages-20020403 which is 952,635,392 bytes and one for messages which is 1,204,610,852 bytes.

I"ve looked at the tail of the first one, the last 100 lines of which are all errors about how there's no more space - an interesting catch-22 if you ask me.

The head 100 seem to be rather benign.

I'd like to delete what's here to free up some space and then work later, once there's some disk space left, to isolate the problem and unverbose whatever's yacking so much to the message file.

Next question is, and remember I'm pretty poor at all this, if I rm these files, will the world end?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick