Re: [SLE] http://localhost doesn't work
  • From: steve <fsanta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 01:44:28 +0200
On Wednesday 03 April 2002 01:39, you wrote:

> > there was a discussion recently of someone installing openoffice or
> > quanta or something that hosed the /etc/mimetypes.. The problem was the
> > same
>
> Yes, one of those people was me. Installing the Hancom Office demo
> installed an application/x-html mimetype that totally threw Apache. Delete
> this mimetype in Konqueror, or comment it out in /etc/httpd/mime.types.
>
> Thanks to Anders Dahlquist for the original fix.
>
> Kevin
Is there anywhere that we can report stuff like this for everyone? Like SuSU
users know about it now. But how about RH for example. Or do all distro lists
have the same sort of dialogue. In the end, I had to stop joining lists at
the oo discussion stage. It just gets too much to sort though. Pity about all
the different distros, lists and mimetypes!

Steve.