Re: MySQL - Best Way
  • From: Andrei Verovski <andrei.verovski@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 17:53:36 +0300
All,

I have MySQL installed and working perfectly on my SuSE 7.2
system. Now, I would like to build a new version of MySQL
and run two database servers on the same physical machine.

If I do the standard (make && make install, etc), will it
make changes to the current installation? If yes, what can
I do to make them co-exist separately??

Hi,

Just download latest mysql source (e.g. 3.23.49), put them into
/usr/src/pacgakes/sources, edit SuSE-MySQL-RPM SPEC file, copy patch(es)
from SuSE original MySQL source RPM, build your own RPM, and finally
upgrade. I did it myself, worked OK.

* Best Regards --- Andrei Verovski
*
* Personal Home Page
* http://homepage.mac.com/MacGuruHQ/
* Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site

  • No further messages