Re: [SLE] CrossOver Office with SuSE Linux
  • From: David Johanson <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:38:01 -0500
Chad -

Did as you instructed but during the setup of xover office, after
completing the install of office
2000 (windows update finishes), I get the xover dialog which reads
Installation Report. This is the dialogue where you set the associations
of dozens of file types. After selecting the associations (I did this a
second time after removing xover and 2000 started over) I pressed the OK
button. Instead of it bouncing back up and the install proeeding,
everything came to a full stop, nothing more worked, the computer
started beeping every 2 seconds - just as it does during boot while
trying to locate my SCSI controller - and I have to reboot to stop the
beeping and get my system back. This is not a system crash as I can log
out and back in but this process does not stop the 2 second interval
beeping; only the reboot does that. I can also run other programs while
in X but the install is completly hung.

I looked at the faq page and thought that item 5.1.4 might be
associated with
the problem - bad font somewhere - but trying to run that script results
in the cursor just sitting at the end of the command; pressing return
resilts in a command not found reply as shown below.

root@linux:/home/dcjohan > $ ~/cxoffice/bin/uninstaller --cx-log
font.log --debugmsg +font -- cursor sits after the word font-- <cr>
gives
bash: $: command not found
root@linux:/home/dcjohan >

Any thoughts?

dave

Chad Whitten wrote:

as root run
sh install-crossover-office-1.0.0.sh

it will install and then after the crossover plugin is installed you can pop
your office cd in your drive, fire up the crossover plugin and install office.