Re: [SLE] What is crossover?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
To: <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [SLE] What is crossover?

Does Crossover also run Quicken, TurboTax, and Internet Explorer, I
wonder?
I mention IE because I've found websites that display badly or not at all
under the browsers available under Linux.

Paul

CrossOver Plugin handles most Windows centric browser plugins to enhance
your web surfing. It is quite a nice product.

I would imagine CodeWeavers are working towards making all Windows apps work
in CrossOver in some way. I specifically asked about Visio and was told it
would be supported in the near future. I would hope they are working towards
a CrossOver Suite for this that covers Office, plugins and other common
apps.

CodeWeavers seems very open and responsive. And, as previously mentioned,
they give back to overall Wine development.

But, to directly answer your question about IE. It appearently does work in
CrossOver Office but is not officially supported. If you look at their site,
they have screenshots of IE running.

---
David Monk CCNA, MCSE
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The more things change, the more they stay insane.