DHCP problem--can't get into into GUI
A newbie humbly solicits wisdom.

My previously working install of SuSE 7.3 will no longer boot into a GUI
(KDE, Gnome, Failsafe, or other).

When the system is booting, I notice a long pause at "Starting DHCP". X
Server appears to load fine, and the normal sign-in window appears. When I
attempt to log into KDE, the process begins and then fails, returning a
window with following message:

"There was an error setting up inter-process communication for KDE. The
message returned by the system was: Could not read network connector list
/home/pip/.DCOPserver-linux-:0
Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!"

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?
Thanks,

Mike "Go ahead and abuse me" Reith
Fresno, CA, USA