Hardware Question
  • From: jon@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:31:03 +1100
Hi all, and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it....

I'm about to take delivery, for a fairly cheap price, of an Ollivetti Netstrada
7000 server (5 x 4.3Gb SCSI drives, 256Mb ECC RAM, DDS2 tape, CD) in a very
nice midrange tower with lotsa fans, cute front-opening doors, etc...

Has anyone (especially the cogniscenti in Europe) had any experience with SuSE
(I'm using 7.3) on this hardware ? Another guy bought one and said that
Redhat, Mandrake and Debian all choked when he loaded them, and SuSE 7.3 was
the only OS that would work on it (it's a QUAD PPRO 200 !!)

Jon

  • No further messages