Re: [SLE] Looking for ...
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dougmack@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:33:39 -0500
I am a veritable novice programmer, altho I have written a lot of Basic,
(over 40 years!) and a small amount of Pascal. When I looked at C, I
was basically
told that C is obsolete, and I would have to study C++ if I wanted
to pursue the language. So I bought a book, and I'm in the first
few pages of C++. Is there, by any chance, an on-line tutorial in
C++ ? Something you could access on a regular basis that would take you
thru lessons? I may have to actually go back to physical school to learn
this language, because there are a lot of things that don't make sense to me.
(I don't know what I would do with it, since I'm an RF engineer, and
I don't do any coding of processors, but everybody says that any coding
nowadays is in C++. I used to write programs that would solve certain
functions, like programming the numbers into a digitally controlled phase-
locked-loop. (I would figure out the divide ratios, etc., and then
give the answers to a real programmer!)

--doug