Re: [SLE] Looking for ...
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 02:33:43 +1100
On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:56, Maura Edelweiss wrote:
Does anyone know about some good examples of C code programs / routines
??? I wonder whther SuSE kit comes with something of this kind.
I only have the C manual by Kernighan and Ritchie.
For writing simple C program this is sufficient. However for system
calls it's not.

I remember all SGI UNIX (called IRIX) systems come with on-line
documentation of each C library function and program samples
illustrating how to use them.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

MEM

Hi Maura,

If you are after C code examples have a look at Snippets. It has quite a
large collection of code samples.

Extract from the site
"The SNIPPETS collection started out in the late 1980's as a personal project
to collect useful snippets (hence the name) of C, and later C++, code which
would be free for reuse in a personal or commercial environment. Over time,
it has grown to more than 94,000 lines of code in over 700 separate files.
The goal of SNIPPETS is to collect and disseminate the best C/C++ answers to
"How do I...?" programming questions."

http://www.snippets.org/snippets/home.php3

Another Site which I have bookmarked but have not looked at for quite a while
is and don't really know if it is suitable, but here goes:

http://www.devx.com/sourcebank/

I will leave the doc questions to others, except to say use the man pages and
have a look at the documentation section on the SuSE disks. I know the GCC
manual can be found there amoung other things.

Regards,

Graham Smith