Geforce4 Ti Twinview ?
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:08:25 +0100
I have a Geforce 4 Ti 440 card,
and even with the latest drivers (2802 series)
I can not get twinview to work (properly).

For some reason the DVI-out claims to have a pixel clock of 84Mhz
whereas it should be in the 350Mhz range (as is the case with the second
out).

Some searching on the NVforums website shows there are more people (ti4400
and ti4600) have this porblem, which apparently is an issue with the linux
drivers cos the windows drivers do seem to support dualhead (in resolutions
higher than 640x480).

Does anyone here have a Geforce4TI and has managed to get dualhead to work ?

I did search the nvnews fporums but find only mention of the problem, no
solution.

This is a bummer as the Ti 4600 is an excellent card, but I need the
dualhead functionality.

(the Geforce 4 MX works just fine in dual head mode (apparently) but is a
lot slower).

Any comments are really appreciated.

Kind regards,
--
Gerhard den Hollander Phone :+31-10.280.1515
Global IT Support manager Direct:+31-10.280.1539

This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.

  • No further messages