Re: [SLE] Looking for ...
  • From: John Lamb <J.D.Lamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:22:39 +0000
Maura Edelweiss wrote:

Does anyone know about some good examples of C code programs / routines
??? I wonder whther SuSE kit comes with something of this kind.
I only have the C manual by Kernighan and Ritchie.
For writing simple C program this is sufficient. However for system
calls it's not.

I remember all SGI UNIX (called IRIX) systems come with on-line
documentation of each C library function and program samples
illustrating how to use them.

The man pages are usually of some help. For example try
# man log

For more general advice you might try a google search (there are quite a
lot of code examples out there) or one of the mailing lists on
http://p2p.wrox.com/linux/ that are specifically about programming in
the linux environment.
JDL