Re: [SLE] java
  • From: David Herman <ob1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:10:47 -0800
On Monday 25 March 2002 02:59 am, Fergus Wilde wrote:
I got it going in Konqueror by dowloading the Sun j2re1.4 and
following the instructions kindly given by Ben Rosenberg a week or so
ago on this list.

I've had pretty good success w/ this same setup.
My only 2 disappointments are 2 library sites that I'd really like to
use Konq for. (They work (adaquately, not spectacularly) w/ galeon, ns,
moz but not opera or Konq.).

I assume the problems are w/ the sites, but don't know what to tell the
maintainer in order to get them fixed.

Maybe someone else could try these sites and enlighten me as to a way
to get them working.

http://webpac.spl.org/webclient.html (seattle public library)
http://webpac.kcls.org/ (king county library)

Also on the browsers that do work, I find that the fonts don't seem to
be properly sized, ie I can't see what I type into the search box,

ie. KCLS catalog -> New Search

and the site itself (frame?)seems to be cut off at both sides (I'm
sorry I can't describe it any better, thats why I've never gotten
around to asking this question before.)

Thanks for any suggestions

--
dh