Re: FW: [SLE] Reselling SuSE ?????
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:37:36 +0100
On Monday 25 March 2002 18.30, James Mohr wrote:
I have a Thin Lizzy songbook that I bought
in London about 15 years ago that says the compilation is copyrighted.

Are the individual songs in the public domain? Is it the layout/editing that
has been copyrighted or the table of contents? Copyright law is a very tricky
subject. You can't just look at a copyright in a book and deduce which
aspects of the work are copyrighted. You can't even assume the copyright will
stand up in court (in your example you said Prentice Hall had a banner that
forbad the copying of "the software" which they were clearly not entitled to
do, since "the software" was under the GPL)

//Anders