Re: [SLE] java
  • From: Fergus Wilde <fwilde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:59:39 +0000
I got it going in Konqueror by dowloading the Sun j2re1.4 and following the
instructions kindly given by Ben Rosenberg a week or so ago on this list.

I then went into konq. settings, enabled the obvious, and fed it the 'path to
java executable', in my case /usr/lib/j2re1.4.0/bin/java. There are probably
lots of other ways, but this one certainly led to succesful applet viewing in
Konq.

I did this because I saw Ben's notes, and thought 'Why not whizz it up?' -
but does anyone have a view about how safe / dangerous it is to cruise around
the net with java globally enabled? I never used to, but what's the current
orthodoxy on this?
HTH
Fergus