Re: [SLE] SuSE7.3 Postfix (pop) connection refused
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:47:47 +0100
On Sunday 24 March 2002 17.44, Alain Barthélemy wrote:
I had the same problem with Postfix installed on a PPP G3 with SuSE7.3PPC

Thus it seems to be a particular problem of SuSE7.3

Note that postfix doesn't handle pop. You must install something like qpopper.
Also, while you edited inetd.conf, make sure that inetd is actually running
(no I'm not trying to be funny, that actually happened to me once and I have
the dent in the wall to prove it :)

//Anders