Re: [SLE] color printer
  • From: gilson redrick <gilsonr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:53:29 -0500
On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 12:50, Landy Roman wrote:
i have a color printer hp usb with suse 7.2
and it does not want to print color

Hi,

Once I was in a similar situation, except my printer is a Canon, not HP.
Since I was using lpr and YaST2, all other factors are the same; I don't
believe that being usb would have any effect in this case.

Go to YaST2, Hardware, Edit Printers. If it is not highlighted yet, highlight
your printer. Click on Edit. On the right side, click on Settings. In the top
panel, the line with 'drivers', it probably says 'Monochrome' or something
similar. In the bottom panel there are some printers listed; click on the
appropriate one (in my case is "color driver 'uniprint'", but the wording for
HP is probably different). You may click on 'Test' and see the result right
away. Don't forget to click on 'Next' to make it effective.

HTH

gr (in /usually/ sunny, balmy Florida west coast)
Transcendental Questions:
"Did you know that in 1995, the U.S. federal debt *per person* was $18,800?
That means that EACH one of us owed $18,800!"