Re: [SLE] connection to X server refused
  • From: Tom Wesley <tawesley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:27:51 +0000

On Saturday 23 March 2002 10:10, Richard Carr wrote:
Have seen error:
Xlib:  connection to ":0.0" refused by server

Can not open display

for several programs lately and cannot connect.  I am now seeing it when I
try to access Yast2 and suspect that is what is preventing my access to
Yast2 to even try to fix it.  What is it, and how can I fix it?  TIA,
Richard

Are you trying to su beforehand? If so, try adding access to the X server:

xhost +localhost

Tom
- --
It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct
one.