Re: [SLE] Hello, anybody home?
  • From: David Herman <ob1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:43:35 -0800
On Friday 22 March 2002 02:13 pm, Rafael E. Herrera wrote:
David Herman wrote:
On Friday 22 March 2002 04:08 am, Rafael E. Herrera wrote:
I posted a solution to the same problem early this year. Could you
search the list archives?

I've often seen people suggest "searching the archives"
I've tried this myself but I haven't found an actual search
mechanism there, just monthly listings. :-(. Perhaps you could
point it out for us.

On the other hand maybe you could give a Time frame so he wouldn't
have to sift through all 15,000 messages since the beginning of the
year. Even viewing 1 month's worth of messages takes quite some
time @ 56 k. For example I went to Dec 2000, and clicked sort by
subject when I started this message, I'm a really slow typist, but
the page is still loading.

Pardon my snippy reply but I hate it when I I look for "hamburger"
in the phone book and it tells me to look under "burgers, ham"
rather than just giving the answer.

Well, if you would have actually tried you would have found the
solution I posted.

Well, if you would have actually read my mail you would know I hadn't
posted the question in the first place. I was mainly commenting that
The archives aren't particularly search friendly, and that it is as
easy to post an answer you know as to tell someone to go look for it.

ps. I read the list, you don't have to cc: me

< Previous Next >