RE: Re: [SLE] Hello, anybody home?
  • From: DSprankle2@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dale A. Sprankle II)
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:15:38 -0500
David Herman <ob1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Friday 22 March 2002 04:08 am, Rafael E. Herrera wrote:
I posted a solution to the same problem early this year. Could you
search the list archives?

I've often seen people suggest "searching the archives"
I've tried this myself but I haven't found an actual search mechanism
there, just monthly listings. :-(. Perhaps you could point it out for
us.

--Once you click on the month you can search by author, date, subject,
attachment. I realize that finding that right month is the hard part. Rafael
posted that he provided a solution earlier this year, well this is only March,
so that is only a 3 month period. I knew Rafael was the one that posted so I
started with the month of January and searched by author, scrolled down to all
the postings that he made that month and found this...
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2002-Jan/2544.html
I don't mean to come across sounding like an ass, but as others have stated
that alot of email comes through this list, and at times it gets annoying
seeing the same posts over and over again, I know that I have been guilty of
asking stupid questions that have already been answered, and after no response
from the list, got pissed myself, but then I started reading all of the
archives and found the solution to my problems. And the great part about that
is that you don't have to wait for someone to respond, it has already been
solved, and then if you still have problems, by all means ask the list again,
and refer to the previous thread with a link so that all know that a little
research has been done and that all can reference that thread and offer further
suggestions. Just my 2 cents! Please do not take offence by this, I in no way
am trying to be rude to anyone!

Dale