Re: [SLE] Hello, anybody home?
  • From: David Herman <ob1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:29:21 -0800
On Friday 22 March 2002 04:08 am, Rafael E. Herrera wrote:
I posted a solution to the same problem early this year. Could you
search the list archives?

I've often seen people suggest "searching the archives"
I've tried this myself but I haven't found an actual search mechanism
there, just monthly listings. :-(. Perhaps you could point it out for
us.

On the other hand maybe you could give a Time frame so he wouldn't have
to sift through all 15,000 messages since the beginning of the year.
Even viewing 1 month's worth of messages takes quite some time @ 56 k.
For example I went to Dec 2000, and clicked sort by subject when I
started this message, I'm a really slow typist, but the page is still

Pardon my snippy reply but I hate it when I I look for "hamburger" in
the phone book and it tells me to look under "burgers, ham" rather than
just giving the answer.

--
dh