RE: [SLE] Baffled newbie trying to reach NT LAN
  • From: Art Fore <art_fore@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:27:37 -0800
I also had problems connecting to NT network and never found anything on the
internet or Suse about how to do this. (Suse Support will not help with
network unless you pay them) Here is what I did.

Go to control panel, network, windows share. Enter the information there.
Go to Lan Browsing, enter the domain name, then apply.
Install LinNeighborhood from the Suse 7.3 CD.
Open LinNeighborhood (Internet, Tools), then do the setup on it under
Options, Preferences. You can enter your logon and password.

Then you go to Options, Browse entire network. You should be able to see all
of the windows shares. You can then select the folder or drive and mount it.
This should put it in your home directory. You can close LinNeighborhood,
and then browse the share with Konqueror or other file manager.

When you shutdown and start up again, all you have to do is to open
LinNeighborhood again, let it mount the drives automatically, then close it
again. You could also have LinNeighborhood start automatically.

You can also use Komba2, but I have not tried that yet.

Art