Re: [SLE] Newbie: Firewall2 and networking
  • From: deadwill@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:09:50 -0600
Thanks for the reply. I'll try your suggestion this afternoon. Any suggestions for a good or indepth tutorial on the subject? I've got quite a few linux/Suse installation and configuration manuals, and quite a few on networking and have a very extensive collection of bookmarks on these subjects, but most of them leave out a lot or assume the reader knows too much. I've been going into terminals on my osX box just to see how things are supposed to look and to familiarize myself with things. I was wondering if you managed to run into something with a very good tutorial base. Similar to the documents at www.linuxguruz.org. Maybe even guide me to some place with good examples since I have very minimal experience with linux or networking and I know I've gotten myself in over my head this time. It's all for fun and learning, but it can be so frustrating sometimes.

I apologize for the long-windedness. Thanks again and any help is always greatly appreciated!

will