SuSE 7.3 local CD install using DVD mounted over network for YaST2
  • From: Monte Milanuk <milanuk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:37:08 -0800
I have a 7.3 box that is exporting the install DVD under /cdrom to the
local LAN. I have another box that was installed via CDROM, because I get
tired of fiddling around w/ boot disks. Now I want to change the
installation sources to the DVD mounted via NFS. I go thru the steps to
do this, but it never 'takes'. I can change the settings, Save&Exit, and
come right back, and the settings I entered are gone. WTF? If I enter the
settings, and select Next/Continue, it gripe a couple times about the
install disc not matching the original disc 1, but gives me the option to
skip it.

How the heck do I get this straightened out so that

a) YAST2 will retain the changed settings for the installation sources

b) YAST2 will quit bitching about the DVD id being different from the CD1
id

Thanks,

Monte

--
All right, breaks over. Back on your heads!!