Newbie: Firewall2 and networking
  • From: deadwill@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:50:13 -0600

Help! I've been trying to get firewall2 to configure using Yast2 and it's
not working. Brief History: PII 450/512mb, SuSE 7.3, dual nic, trying to
set up a gateway/router using yast2. I set up the network cards and it
doesn't seem to keep the settings I configure and the firewall always drops
the internal nic. The Suse machine can interface with host network/proxy and
access www. The internal network can not access www or host network with or
without proxy, but can access www services on Suse box. Every time I check
the logs and get: something to the effect of "can not load manprod
255.255.255.0" and dhcp failed. This is wrong because dhcp is not set up on
this computer.

I've been through the manual with the 7.3 distro and the SuSe installation
and config handbook. Also checked the archives etc. Haven't found anything
that helps and really don't know enough to sort it out by myself through a
shell. Any help or guidance would be most appreciated!

Thanks

will