Re: [SLE] (Newbie alert) SMB client browsing.
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:49:02 +0100
On Tuesday 19 March 2002 00.29, David Bartlett wrote:
I also have a question on this score. Using the command line version of
mount etc., works fine, but surely one _should_ just be able to go to
network/WindowsShares in Konquerer to browse the shares graphically?
<cringe> Whenever I do this I get an error message instructing me to set
up Lisa using the Control Centre, but so far I've failed .... At one
time I think I had it working with KDE 2.0, but 2.2 has defeated me. Any
thoughts would be appreciated.

In KDE 3 they're supposed to have sorted this out. For now I'd recommend
installing xfsamba, which is the easiest graphical utility for handling
windows shares I've seen in linux. It's in the xfce rpm

//Anders