Re: [SLE] [OT] Stouts
  • From: Gideon Hallett <diogenes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:02:25 +0000
On Monday 18 March 2002 20:23, Roger Whittaker wrote:
I'm sorry to see that this has not turned into a longer thread,
but I'm sure James will be interested ...

And I was once introduced to something called imperial Russian
Stout. Again I don't know if it's still available.

Imperial stout is a generic name, really; it applies to a style of
stout originally brewed in Britain for the Russian Tsars.

(See http://www.ratebeer.com/StyleGuide.asp for more information)

If you're in the UK, Samuel Smith (Yorkshire) do an Imperial stout
- see http://www.mdv-beer.com/pages/5_breweries/samsmith.html

Harvey's Brewery (Sussex) also do a Double Imperial Stout (see
http://www.protzonbeer.com/documents/27660-001560.html)

Hook Norton Double Stout is *almost* like an Imperial stout.

A friend of mine runs the Beer Shop in London; and does mail order
for bottled beers within the UK (and sells about 550 sorts of
bottled beer - see
http://www.pitfieldbeershop.co.uk/html/british_beers.html for his
British list.)

Cheers,