Re: [SLE] [OT] Stouts
  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:40:45 -0500
On March 18, 2002 03:23 pm, Roger Whittaker wrote:
I'm sorry to see that this has not turned into a longer thread, but I'm
sure James will be interested ...

Morrells of Oxford used to have a nice sweetish `milk stout' - I've
no idea if it's still produced as Morrells have now been taken over.

And I was once introduced to something called imperial Russian Stout.
Again I don't know if it's still available.

Niagara falls brewing used to make the best commerical stout I've tasted.
Complex. Not something to be guzzled but something to be savoured. I don't
remember how many different malts the brewery claimed but you could taste
each and every one. I don't think it's still available. The best stout
period is the stuff I make-) Cask conditioned but no hand pump.

Nick