Re: [SLE] [OT] Stouts
  • From: Michael Scottaline <mscottaline@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:18:50 -0500
James Ogley wrote:

I wouldn't normally go so OT, but...

Marston's Oyster Stout is my fave - it comes only as a
bottle-conditioned product (for those who don't know, that means that
there is yeast in the bottle so that it undergoes a secondary
fermentation in the bottle, like cask-conditioned ale does it the
barrel, so pour carefully) and cannot be beat IMHO.
Sounds like many of those double and triple fermented Belgian Ales ;o)
Thanks for the tip, though. I'll have to check my local distributor [and
I don't mean Linux ;) ]
Mike
--
"Many loads of beer were brought. What disorder, whoring, fighting,
killing, and dreadful idolatry took place there."