upgrading 7.1 to 7.3 - again. No Luck!
  • From: babu walad <vyav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 13:17:28 -0800 (PST)
Folks,

I still have not figured out how this works. The few

My machine sits behind a Linksys firewall. I tried to
install via ftp and nfs by providing the ip, netmask,
etc... the installer wanted and it just didn't work.

I also have 7.3 on my HD (rieserfs) and it cannot deal
with it. There is no option to load reiserfs module.
However, if I say book installed system, it says hey
you have reiserfs, please install the modules floppy
and then it successfully boot.

This is not working. I hate to go out and buy 7.3
when
8.0 is coming in a month...

Has ANYONE succeeded under the conditions I am
describing?

Thanks,

Babu