Re: Fwd: [SLE] ViewSonic config problem. (Was Nvidia 3D driver problems and SAX2)
  • From: pat <4july65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 07:38:21 -0500
* Brian Durant <durant@xxxxxxxxxx> [03-17-02 01:14]:
On Saturday 16 March 2002 10:25, you wrote:
Your VertRefresh rate is 50-180,  Try to lower it to something like 50-120.
  This some times does the trick,  If it has a positive effect then you can

The issue that started this whole cabal about my desktop real estate was that
I don't get an NVidia splash screen at startup and am unsure about the extent
to which the 3D drivers are performing as they should. So in that sense, the
problem is not yet solved. However, I have found out that through the various
settings changes for my monitor that there have not been any changes with
regards to NVidia driver performance that I could detect or have the changes
brought the splash screen back.

There are more than one set of drivers for NVidia. I did not get the
Splash Screen from the original 7.3 setup. It installed the nv
drivers. When I updated to 3D, I choose the NVidia (not nv) drivers
and have had the Splash Screen since. hth
--
Pat Shanahan Registered Linux User #207535
Registered at: http://counter.li.org

< Previous Next >