Re: [SLE] Using dual display / TV-out with NVidia Card
  • From: Curtis Rey <crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:30:20 -0600
After searching google/linux I found some links that might.

http://www.linuxhardware.org/features/01/05/29/2147241.shtml
http://www.sorgonet.com/linux/nvoption/

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 15:15, wolfi wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to run a card with TV-Out. It runs fine on the normal
monitor. The card is a GeForce2 MX200 with 32MB RAM according to the

manual; sax2 calls it NV11 DDR, see below from /etc/X11/xf86config:
Section "Device"
BoardName "NV11 DDR"
BusID "1:0:0"
Driver "nv"
Identifier "Device[0]"
Screen 0
VendorName "NVidia"
EndSection

I have the normal monitor in this file too, of course:-)

Section "Screen" (...)
DefaultDepth 16
SubSection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1280x1024"
EndSubSection (...)
Device "Device[0]"
Identifier "Screen[0]"
Monitor "Monitor[0]"
EndSection

AND ....

Section "Monitor"
HorizSync 27-96
Identifier "Monitor[0]"
ModelName "AutoDetected"
VendorName "AutoDetected"
VertRefresh 50-180
UseModes "Modes[0]"
EndSection

How and where can I add the TV as a second output device? I tried with
sax2, but the only way to get a second display there is to 'install the
video card once again', I mean to enter the information about the video
card once more, as if there were a second card; this gives me the
possibility to add a second monitor then. But, next problem, if I select
'clone mode' I get an error message that it is not possible to combine
the two displays, but that isn't what I am looking for, I want the same
output on the TV as on the monitor. SaX2 only allows 'traditional',
whatever that is:-)
So my guess is, that one will have to make some manual entries in the
xf86config file, but which ones?
Anybody got some experiences with this configuration?

Cheers .... Wolfi