Re: [SLE] NIS server and nobody problem
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:54:26 +0100
On Friday 15 March 2002 21.41, Jyry Kuukkanen wrote:
I'm running SuSE 7.3 on i386 on the server+workstation side.

OK, but how are you sharing? NFS or samba?

If NFS, are you testing as root? By default, root gets mapped to nobody for
security reasons, other users should be ok unless you exported with the
"all_squash" option. If you want root to be root even on the share, use the
option "no_root_squash" in /etc/exports

If samba, don't know. I'll leave that to others

//Anders