Re: [SLE] ViewSonic config problem. (Was Nvidia 3D driver problems and SAX2)
On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 05:39, W.D. McKinney wrote:
Sax2 will let input H & V so go ahead and set it up
with the correct settings.

/Dee

Hi Brian and Dee,

AFAIK there is nothing wrong with the VESA mode; If your sync values are
not saved correctly, then I would recommend you to rather edit
/etc/X11/xf86config and enter your correct refresh rates there;
Have a look here (example file), it's in the "Monitor" section:

Section "Monitor"
HorizSync 30-96
Identifier "Monitor[0]"
ModelName "AutoDetected"
VendorName "AutoDetected"
VertRefresh 50-180
UseModes "Modes[0]"
EndSection

Then save this file; this is faster, and also, according to my
experience, 'safer' (meaning more reliable) than changing it via SaX2,
since (I'm not definitely sure about that, just an 'impression') I tend
to say that SaX2 sometimes forgets to save manual changes made here
(this would, btw, match what Brian was saying first).

Cheers ... Wolfi