Re: [SLE] LVM
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 05:57:26 +0100
On Friday 15 March 2002 03.49, Duane C. Mallory wrote:
I am having a problem with lvm. I have it set up and working, to a
point. The problem I'm having is that when I try to add more space to a
volume, it doesn't show up. As an example, my /usr partition is 5.0 gig.
Using yast2, system,lvm, I change this to be 6.0 gig. I hit the apply
button (this is as root), and it says all changes were successful and
ready to use. However, using the 'df' command, it says /usr is still 5.0
gig. Even after a reboot, 'df' says 5.0 gig, and the lvm config in yast2
says its 6.0 gig.

df says the formatted file system is 5.0 gig, and yast2 says the constituent
partitions are 6.0 gig. What you did in yast2 was to add another physical
partition to the logical volume. This doesn't mean that the filesystem
changes size.

If /usr is reiserfs try running /sbin/resize_reiserfs

regards
Anders