Problems with sendmail... maybe
  • From: Alberto García Fumero <fumero@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:14:29 +0100
Hi, I'm new in this list.
I run a small intranet with 16 computers.
Of them, two (the server and my workstation) run SuSE 7.0.
For the last six-seven days, when I try to send a message from my
workstation, (maybe) sendmail gets stucked. I use KMail and I have it
set to that it uses the smtp service in the server, not my sendmail. In
these ocasions, I can not use the receive mail option. It also get
stucked.
The fact is, this does not occur to the Window$ boxes, just to my SuSE
workstation. And it does occur everytime, just sometimes. I thought
maybe the reason was that I get two or more sendmail commands executing
at the same time. I have set cron to run a sendmail -q every 20 minutes.
I tried using YAST, but with no success.
What I am doing, is that correct?
Just another thing. I'like that the local users would receive their
local mail without having to wait those 20 minutes. Is that possible?

--
MSc. Alberto García Fumero
Centro de Información para la Educación

  • No further messages