Re: [SLE] (Newbie alert) Reboot after SuSE shutdown.

onsdagen den 13 mars 2002 14.46 skrev du:
On Sunday, 10 March 2002 16:05, Nils Sjöholm wrote:
I checked the docs for my new motherboard and found that it had ACPI, I
turned ACPI support on in the kernel, compiled a new kernel and now it
will turn the computer off.

1- I have an e-Machines, mod. etower 333k, AMD-k6, which comes with a
rather skimpy manual. How do I determine if it has ACPI support or not?
2- I never heard of ACPI. What does it stand for?

TIA

gr (in /usually/ sunny, balmy Florida)
"Never believe anything you read, and rarely believe anything you think."
Derrick Jensen

ACPI stands for
Advanced Configuration Power Interface.

Check your bios.