Re: [SLE] Probs with 7.2-Athlon support
  • From: Joshua Lee <yid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:43:02 -0500
On Sunday 10 March 2002 09:36 pm, Poing wrote:
I suspect it has something to do with my Athlon.
I heared there are still probs with linux support for AMD.

Linux is usually pretty reliable on Athlons, there is an occasional memory
corruption bug on Athlon systems with AGP video that can be fixed by adding
the parameter mem=nopentium to your lilo boot command line.

This has been fixed in the latest kernels, (you might want to install a more
recent kernel from the people/mantel directory on most SuSE ftp mirrors.) but
this is a perfectly good work-around that gets rid of that problem without
affecting performance much. Since it's an intermittant in nature problem (the
only one I know of for Athlons) I doubt the fact you're running an Athlon is
what is causing the bugs.
--
Legalize free-enterprise murder: why should governments have all the
fun?

< Previous Next >