kernel optimization
I have read in linuxJournal that I can be able to optimize my kernel
using this parameters:

CFLAGS='-o9 -funroll-loops -ffast-math -malign-double -mcpu=pentiumpro
-march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions'

I have some problems

1. My cpu is a Atlon at 900 mhz, not a pentium. With what to replace
pentiumpro ?
2. I have compiled at home the kernel ignoring -mcpu and -march, the
kernel was compiled fine, with no errors, but after i have installed, it
does nothing. It is broken !, so how to optimize my kernel ?

< Previous Next >