Re: [SLE] SuSEfirewall2 and rmmod...
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 12:18:06 +0100
On Saturday 09 March 2002 02.16, James Bliss wrote:
Do you have a script that does this? Also, do you have any idea as to why
this is happening? Seems like a bug of sorts.

No script, I just hardcoded all rmmods in /sbin/SuSEfirewall2. There are
probably better solutions, and hopefully 8.0 will have it. I don't shut down
that often, so I didn't feel it was too important.

The "why" is most likely that the network kernel threads are somewhere inside
the iptables/ipchains module (even with all network related userspace
programs shut down, the Used By column is still not 0 for the iptables
modules). I don't think it's a bug there, I just think that the proper order
of shutdown is to take away the network before shutting down the firewall.
Sometimes you have to do things in the proper order.

//Anders