Re: [SLE] (Newbie alert) Reboot after SuSE shutdown.
  • From: Brian Durant <durant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 11:25:33 +0700
On Saturday 09 March 2002 09:53, you wrote:
Yes, it's command line. It will shutdown the system first (terminate
all process), as usual. You must login as root.
Or, you can try "init 0". These 2 usually works for me.

Hi again,

Neither "poweroff" nor "init 0" work for me. They both shutdown SuSE, but the
computer doesn't shut down. Instead, it reeboots and I get a grey screen
without either Win 2000 or SuSE booting up. The SuSE DB hasn't been of any
help either as it recommends turning off power management in the BIOS, but I
can't turn off power management in my BIOS :-( Soyo Dragon Plus!

Cheers,

Brian